YES, WE'RE HIRING!
Lead Dental Assistant
Apply below to join our team of fun-loving, down-to-earth dental professionals who enjoy coming to work each day with a simple focus: providing the best patient experience possible and caring for people through the practice of dentistry.
The Port City Dental Center is a practice that exists for a purpose.
We exist to:
1. Provide the best patient experience possible.
2. Care for people through the practice of dentistry.
The Op Team’s role is to ensure every patient receives unhurried but objective diagnostics, best-in-class dental care, and leaves feeling like a friend, not a patient.
The Lead Dental Assistant contributes to the success of the mission by seeking to make patients feel comfortable and well cared for, by supporting the dentist in providing excellent care in a variety of treatment plans and procedures and ensuring the practice adheres to OSHA compliance standards.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Hygienist and Patient Support Lead to proactively identify areas for practice improvement, including operational efficiencies, patient experience improvements and team support efforts.
As a leader within the practice, you demonstrate poise and understanding and model the values of Excellence, Teamwork, Honesty & Integrity, Humility and Imagination.
1. Seeks to make a personal connection with each patient
2. Educates patients on treatment plans and oral hygiene strategie
3. Assists the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
4. Handles set up and breakdown of pre and post treatment operatories
5. Provide comprehensive post-op dental instructions to patients
6. Ensure all impressions taken are poured the same day as they are taken
7. Ensure all bleaching trays are made within 1 week of impressions appointment
8. Ensure all labs are mailed within 1 day of doctor completing prescriptions
9. Ensures clinical notes are accurate and complete the same day as treatment is administered for all assistants
1. Ensures the dental practice adheres to all OSHA and safety policies and procedures
2. Oversees and organizes lab equipment
3. Responsible for managing and ordering clinical supplies on-time and within budget
4. Records and reports on pertinent practice KPIs
5. Participates in cleaning the break-room and clinical practice areas
6. Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment. Directly responsible for ensuring there are always sterilized kits ready for patient appointments.
7. Onboard all new assistant hires according to established onboarding protocols
1. Maintains a current BLS/CPR certification, which is renewed bi-annually, at a minimum.
2. Attendance at all practice mandatory continuing education events, which may include onsite and offsite events
3. Maintains active DANB certification
4. Completion of 25 hours of continuing education yearly
Team Support & Guidance
1. Provides and receives active feedback to the team, helping them to grow and develop.
2. Models and actively manages the values of Excellence, Teamwork, Honesty & Integrity, Humility and Imagination.
3. Administers team performance-review process.
4. Escalates any practice or patient concerns to the Lead Dentist or Patient Support Lead.
1. Demonstrates the value of teamwork by helping out fellow team members as needed.
2. Looks for proactive (and spontaneous) ways to make the patient experience better.
3. Consistently seeks out ways and suggests ideas for how to better care for people through our work as a dental practice.
4. Actively participates in the patient appreciation program.
Key Competencies and Job Requirements
- Be able to demonstrate competent leadership, team support and mentorship
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from college or technical school
- Expanded Dental Assistant Certification
- Knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Ability to quickly build rapport with patients
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability handle stress and maintain composure under pressure
- Great sense of humor, positive outlook, ability to connect with patients and put them at ease
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback to peers and managers.
- Models the values of Excellence, Teamwork, Honesty & Integrity, Humility and Imagination
- Consistently work at a standard of excellence, juggling multiple priorities
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and Patterson Eaglesoft
- Strong manual dexterity
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods of time
Email email@example.com with the subject line "Lead Dental Assistant", a copy of your resume, something fun or unexpected about yourself and answers to the following 3 questions:
1. What examples can you provide of times that you have mentored, supported and led others in your previous roles as a Dental Assistant?
2. What do you think are the biggest challenges a dental practice faces when it comes to Teamwork, and how do you avoid these challenges?
3. If there is one thing that makes you stand apart as a team player, what is it?