YES, WE'RE HIRING!
Dental Hygienist (Part-Time)
Apply below to join our team of fun-loving, down-to-earth dental professionals who enjoy coming to work each day with a simple focus: providing the best patient experience possible and caring for people through the practice of dentistry.
The Port City Dental Center is a practice that exists for a purpose.
We exist to:
1. Provide the best patient experience possible.
2. Care for people through the practice of dentistry.
The Clinical Team’s role is to ensure every patient receives unhurried but objective diagnostics, best-in-class dental care, and leaves feeling like a friend, not a patient.
The Dental Hygienist contributes to the success of the mission by seeking to make patients feel comfortable and well cared for by performing best-in-class oral hygiene procedures and by working closely with the Doctors to ensure all patients are thoroughly educated on all of his/her dental conditions, possible treatments, and the consequences of non-treatment.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Hygienist to proactively identify areas to improve the patient experience.
1. Seek to make a personal connection with each patient
2. Educate patients on treatment plans and oral hygiene strategies
3. Assist the dentist during exams and other procedures as necessary
4. Cleaning calculus deposits, accretions and stains from teeth above and beneath gums
5. Properly exposing diagnostic dental radiographs
6. Annual 6 point probing on all patients
7. Intra-oral and extra-oral photographic series on all patients
8. Maintaining and sterilizing dental equipment
9. Applying fluorides and other cavity preventing agents
10. Complete and sign notes for all treatment performed that day
1. Active membership in ADHA
2. Maintain a current BLS/CPR certification
1. Demonstrate the value of teamwork by helping out fellow team members as needed.
2. Look for proactive (and spontaneous) ways to make the patient experience better.
3. Consistently seek out ways and suggest ideas for how to better care for people through our work as a dental practice.
4. Actively participate in the patient appreciation program.
5. Models the values of Excellence, Teamwork, Honesty & Integrity, Humility, and Imagination.
KEY COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Valid dental hygienist license
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene, bachelor’s degree a plus
• CPR certification
• Ability to quickly build rapport with patients
• Great sense of humor, positive outlook, ability to connect with patients and put them at ease
• Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback to peers and managers.
• Models the values of Excellence, Teamwork, Honesty & Integrity, Humility and Imagination
• Consistently work at a standard of excellence, juggling multiple priorities
• Strong communication, both verbal and written
• Proven ability to work within a cross-functional team
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and Patterson Eaglesoft
• Strong manual dexterity
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods of time
Email email@example.com with the subject line "Part-Time Hygienist", a copy of your resume and something fun that you enjoy outside of the office - pets, running, music, you get the picture :)